Thursday, January 8, 2009

Milky Vision

Earlier last night I took a nap. (I maintain an unusual day/night rhythm.) Before falling asleep, I asked God/Universe/Guides/Masters/Angels to give me dreams that I could learn from. I do not recall any dreams that I had while sleeping. However, after awakening from the nap I lay in bed for a little while. I had a vision in which I was sticking my nose to the opening of a half-gallon of milk, smelling it to make sure it was still good.

Contemplating and pondering on what this could mean, the first thing I could think of is that milk, being white, is a symbol of purity. The Divine is pure. On my path I seek to have a lasting union with the Divine. By smelling the milk, could I possibly be checking myself and wondering if my spiritual progress and quality is good or not?

Unfortunately the vision faded before I could determine whether or not the milk was good or spoiled.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophia,

There's a theory of dreams that's been offered which would explain why they are so chaotic and random and seemingly meaningless. It has to do with what's going on while you dream may be the mind taking the day's experience and trying to make sense of it, to save the good info and throw away the bad. Dreams are a byproduct of this, the info meant to be thrown away. So studying a dream may be like studying a page of scrambled text. It might not do any good, and may even be harmful for it was meant to be discarded.

donstockbauer *attt* hotmail.com

V said...

Dreams reset our minds or brains, reformat them so they don't become fixed, fixated, burn-out, or stubborn.

V said...

Dreams are the mind's ways of healing itself. Especially after too much brainwashing.

Sophia said...

Don,

Interesting theory. :)

Sophia said...

Siegfried,

Hmmm... well, the other night I had a horrible nightmare. It didn't really seem to heal me in any way I can think of.