Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dream Date January 14, 2009

Again, before falling asleep last night, I prayed to the Masters, the Universe, Guides or Angels to allow me to have dreams that I could learn from.

In the dream, I had a few pieces of real silver forks and knives. I laid them on the grass but someone stepped on them, breaking some of them. When I looked down to see some of them broken, I was disappointed at first, but then I knelt down to pick them up and said, "Oh, well."

-----------

I'm a bit sensitive to destructive criticism, and when criticized I spend much time focusing on it and feeling hurt. I should say here that constructive criticism doesn't seem to bother me as much and can actually be quite useful to me. But straight destructive criticism absolutely gets to me.

In my dream, the person stepping on my silverware is the destructive critic, breaking me. But, while I was initially hurt, I managed to bend down, pick them up, and flippantly say, "Oh, well." Which I think means I am able to pick up the pieces and move on.

This dream very strongly reminds me of the Stevie Nicks song called "Gold Dust Woman" because of one of the only lines in the song that I know - the line about picking up your pieces and going home. Googling the lyrics, I see the song also mentions a silver spoon.

Rock on--gold dust woman
Take your silver spoon,
And dig your grave

Heartless challenge
Pick your path and I'll pray

Wake up in the morning
See your sunrise--loves--to go down
Lousy lovers--pick their prey
But they never cry out loud

Did she make you cry
Make you break down
Shatter your illusions of love
Is it over now--do you know how
Pick up the pieces and go home.

Rock on--ancient queen
Follow those who pale
In your shadow

Rulers make bad lovers
You better put your kingdom up for sale

Did she make you cry
Make you break down
Shatter your illusions of love
Is it over now--do you know how
Pick up the pieces and go home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try to stop the mind rather than to let the mind try to solve the problem of the mind.

We do not need to change our whole psychology in order to stop feeling bad. We only have to stop the wandering mind for a moment, this moment.

Sophia said...

I don't know if it will ever be possible to stop my mind. Sometimes there are thoughts running around inside, and they run so fast there's just no stopping them. No thought cowboy could lasso my thinking!

Sometimes I enjoy my thoughts, especially when I'm thinking about the magnificence of Life.

I guess if we choose to think, we have to take the good with the bad.

I'm worried if I give up my thoughts that I'll give up my experiences.

Anonymous said...

Thoughts can be intentional or random daydreams. That is to say that they can be your thoughts or just thoughts that are happening to you.

We can learn to choose our thoughts and experiences. For example it is more enjoyable to think about what makes us joyful than about our problems.

Even better than thought is experience. Sometimes we can intentionally chooses to experience the better parts of ourselves.