Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Friends are Valuable

I spent a long time thinking "gifted and talented" meant "odd".

When I was younger, very young, they gave me an IQ test and stuck me in some program once a week.

No one my age liked me. Kids beat me up. So, most of my friends have always been older. And it was this way all through elementary school and high school.

The point is, being alone is not any fun, and I spent years being alone. And you can continue to criticise me for my fear of being alone.

I've noticed that when the going gets tough, friends help pull me out.

Thanks for the friends who pull me out, not by giving me sympathy, but by just being there when I want to talk about the weather. And thanks to the friends who don't mind when I want my space, (and I seem to want my space rather often).

God or no God, friends are always there. And if there is a God, He/She seems to manifest - at least for me - in the form of friends.

I don't see myself having a social life outside of the Internet because I just don't think I want one, even though I've tried. It has nothing to do with being afraid of life. It's just how I want to live my life. I had enough of a social life in college, so I can say I've "been there, done that".

The Internet allows me, us, to touch each others' hearts all around the globe, and we don't need a plane ticket to do that. We're not really alone.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love on ya, Sophia! You are a good spirit.

Sophia said...

Thanks, Cookie! *hugs*

http://richardschooping.blogspot.com said...

We are here together.

Blessings Sophia.

Love,
Richard

Sophia said...

Hi Richard,

I feel love energy coming from your comment. Thank you.

I've ventured over your way and I feel inspired by you. I will look at your sites in more detail.