Friday, January 16, 2009

In Response to Anonymous

I really am sorry for any self-absorption on my part, and any showiness of myself.

I don't know what my excuse is.

The real world scares me and I want to make it seem like a nice world. To know that people are dying, fighting, starving, sick, hating, killing, stealing, children losing their lives, people losing their homes, moms who worry if there will be enough food on the table for their children, dads losing their pride when they lose their jobs and feel like they can't support their families, people who can't afford to get good medical help, people fighting over land or even fighting over God....

I cry for this world. I think by focusing on my small problems the real big problems of the world somehow don't seem to exist.

Sometimes I wish I could save the world, and I close my eyes and imagine the entire planet earth becomes surrounded by light and loving energy, kind of like a protective shield. What can I do besides love and pray? I feel so small. I am small. I think all I can do is stick together with others who love each other, because there is strength in number. That is why I'm afraid to be alone.

No comments: