Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Take Some Time Off

I have some friends who are like flashlights on the path, always shining their beacon of light brightly to light my and others' ways. Flashlights require batteries, and batteries are what.... energy? Yes!

Like I read on Alexys's blog, take some time to refuel yourself. If you're constantly lighting the way for others, you'll grow weary and your energy will be drained. Slow down, take some time for yourself. Get recharged!

The last thing I want to do is drain anyone's energy. This is called energy vampirism! If anything, I want to be a source of energy, giving my energy freely away to anyone who needs it. Receiving is nice, but I want to give, too. If you have given to me, how can I give back to you?

Do you know of a way I could help you? Do you need someone to talk to? A shoulder to cry on? I am not a licensed medical professional but I have one thing that I don't need a license to offer, and that is my friendship.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so true, if you constantly give with out receiving (recharging) you end up going into your soul's energy which is your reserve... No good. In giving grace you should receive it ;)

Sophia said...

I sometimes worry about those who give their energy to me in order to help me grow. I don't want them getting wore out.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about that. I've been really completely drained of energy one time or another because of boredom. But I just kept going on until everybody dropped dead.
You just have to sit down, keep quiet and pretend to listen to everyone. And sometimes just fall asleep.