Thursday, April 12, 2007

Synchronicity Journal April 12, 2007

I've had three consecutive days of synchronicity, all centered around the word "wolf". It started two days ago, when my husband and I were taking a walk around the neighborhood. We walked down a street I am unfamiliar with. Behind a chain-link fence, a black dog barked at us. It was saying, "wolf, wolf!" I know, it's not quite "woof, woof", but it is close enough. At about the time the dog started barking, I came upon a black mailbox that had a last name on it. The name was "Wolf".

Fast forward to yesterday morning. I was visiting the blog of a man that Graham had introduced me to in email. The first word in the first paragraph of his blog was "Wolf's".


Fast forward to this morning. I am reading the news on Yahoo! I come across an article that says Josh Wolf is free from jail.


I did some research on the wolf as a totem animal, and came up with these insights:


People with the wolf as their totem form quick and firm emotional attachments. While wolves are sometimes loners, they also have a strong sense of community and travel in packs. They are loyal creatures.
I now understand why I saw a vision of a full moon while meditating a week or so ago. Wolves, after all, howl at the moon!


I used the picture of the black wolf for this post since the black dog was wolf-ing at me when I saw the name Wolf on the black mailbox.
I got the below information from this website: http://www.whats-your-sign.com/totem-wolf-symbols.html
To understand totem wolf symbols, one must first understand the heart of the Wolf. This takes time because the Wolf has had to endure many false stereotypes, misconceptions and misunderstandings.

Some common traits that accompany totem wolf symbols:
Intelligence
Cunning
Communication
Friendliness
Loyalty
Generosity
Compassionate

Not at all the picture of ferocity or terror, the Wolf is a creature with a high sense of loyalty and strength. Another misconception is that of the “lone wolf.” To the contrary, the Wolf is actually a social creature, friendly, and gregarious with its counterparts.

The Wolf is an incredible communicator. By using touch, body movements, eye contact as well as many complex vocal expressions – the wolf makes his point understood. Those with totem wolf symbols are of the same inclination – they are expressive both vocally and physically. Those who have the wolf as their totem animal are naturally eloquent in speech, and also have knack for creative writing.

Totem wolf symbols belong to those who truly understand the depth of passion that belong to this noble creature. The Wolf is a representative of deep faith, and profound understanding.
Further, the Wolf possess a high intellect, and have been observed using strategies about hunting, habitat and migration.

In history, the totem Wolf symbol appears with the founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus. Legend has it that the two founding brothers were raised and suckled by a she-wolf.
In Norse mythology, the Wolf is a symbol for victory when ridden by Odin and the Valkyries upon the battlefield.

As a Celtic symbol, the Wolf was a source of lunar power. Celtic lore states that the Wolf would hunt down the sun and devour it at each dusk so as to allow the power of the moon to come forth.

In Asia, the wolf guards the doors that allow entrance to heavenly, celestial realms. The Wolf is also said to be among the ancestry of Genghis Khan.

When this gracious creature appears to us, and serves as a totem in our lives, the Wolf beckons us to ask these questions:
Are you thinking about a different form of education?
Are you being a true friend, and are your friends being true to you?
Are you communicating yourself clearly to others?
Are you being loyal to yourself?
Are you incorporating strategies & planning to achieve your goals?
Are you spending enough quality time with yourself, friends & family?

Take some time to know more about the Wolf, you will be amazed at the knowledge these regal creatures can share with you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an education! Very interesting!

Anonymous said...

Here ís what Christianity thinks about the wolf:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/wolves_in_sheep's_clothing.htm

Sophia said...

Thanks, Mark! I loved how it all just flowed together, one thread leading to the next.

Sophia said...

Hi AC, that is what one form of Christianity thinks about the wolf. I don't know what to think about that list. They even have Santa Claus on it. :(

Anonymous said...

Looks like Christians against Christians. Well, nobody is perfect.

Anonymous said...

I think this people are against everything except their Jesus.

Sophia said...

It certainly seems that way! What a lonely way to live.

Anonymous said...

But maybe they are right. Maybe all these popular evangelists are wrong. Including Billy Graham. and the Pope. and Martin Luther.
These peopel will be eating junk food in heaven. Because the Lord don't find it necessary to prepare square meals for them. There's just not enough of them up there.

Sophia said...

It seems that some versions of Christianity are more close-minded than others.

Anonymous said...

You won't believe this, I dreamt of being chased by a black wolf this morning. Fortunately it wasn't that big; I figured out I could handle it if I had to. But I wanted to play safe so I closed the backdoor and ran as fast as I could using my arms to go even quicker. I knew sooner or later the wolf would be able to open the gate and let the other wolves in. Anyway I woke up and kept on dreaming or thinking. Since I didn't have that much energy in real life, I kind of built a mental wall I could climb and walk on. But it was very narrow giving me a good advantage in case the wolves started climbing.
For me this dream meant a lot of things. Like the chase meant I was running away from my passion or strong emotions. And that I am really fighting bad "wolves" in real life.
Before dreaming of the wolf, I dreamt of encountering a Tasmanian devil in the woods. It was very ferocious but I kept it at a distance by beating it with a stick. I looked around making sure I had enough sticks to use in case the devils kept appearing and attacking. But before long they turned into muskrats and I figured maybe it wasn't a bad idea if I ate them.