Sunday, March 4, 2007

Dream Date March 4, 2007

Another thing that I think is the direct result of what I'm going through, is that my ability to recall my dreams has improved two-fold. They're also more vivid than usual.

I'm running late this morning, so I don't have time to respond to comments right now but I will later, they're important and I do have something to say about them. The reason I'm posting even when I'm running late is because if I don't post my dreams now, I'll forget them.

First dream:

A friend named "Melissa" died. This Melissa is very much like a real friend I had in high school named Melissa. I'm at her house, and her family tells me that I can go into her room and take anything I want that used to belong to her. Being sentimental as I am, I grab all sorts of things to take with me, not really for their function or usefulness, but because these were things that she had. I grab a lot of those colorful trolls, the little lucky trolls we used to have when we were younger, the ones with the wild hair. They don't have clothes on, though. I fill-up a part of my backpack with these little naked trolls, and I eventually want so much stuff that I need to have a truck help me bring everything home.

Second dream:

I'm playing a shooting game, where a train is several hundred feet away from me, and I have to shoot targets. The first round, I get three out of three. Second round, I only get two out of three, but the second round is more difficult than the first round. This is not a video game, it's a three-dimensional game, where a real train runs down the tracks quickly as I try to shoot the targets.

I'd like to make note about this dream. Yesterday, I was reading an article on Science Daily about how some researchers used a virtual reality video game to measure the sizes of hippocampi of their study participants. They are doing the study to help find a link between depression and the hippocampus. Here is a link to the article I was reading if you're interested: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070301100807.htm

That's all for now. I have to rush to shower and go shopping; in only a few hours we're going to celebrate my father's birthday, which is tomorrow.

No comments: