Saturday, August 30, 2008

Subtle Body Stimulator

We've all heard of Alex Grey, whose work is quite popular. I cannot compare artists as each is unique in their own way, and to say that such-and-such artist is like so-and-so artist would be an insult to each of their individuality, but quite clearly they are inspired by a higher realm.

I was browsing through some web sites when I found some samples of various artists' works, and there was an image by John Vega that really stimulated me at a higher level. I went to further explore his work and found a particular gallery of his in which several pieces had the same effect. While all his art is worthy of praise, there are two pieces from the Digital Visions gallery which really stood out in terms of stimulation-producing effects. They are http://www.dancingimage.com/gallery09.htm and http://www.dancingimage.com/gallery06.htm. (If you look at these, be sure to have your speakers on as they are flash images with sounds which enhance the experience.)

Like many people I am attracted to art, and in 2005 I began to produce some of my own digital art using fractals. It's been a few months since I've done anything, and it will probably be a while before I return to it, not because the flow of creative energy has disappeared but because I am spending my time on other "projects" right now. Creating them, however, was my way of meditating as I often found myself in another "zone". My skill is nowhere near the skill of the artists mentioned above but it is/was something I greatly enjoyed doing. It might be shameful and vain for me to advertise my own work to my readers, but if anyone is interested in seeing my images and animations, please send me an email. I am not posting the link to my gallery because I keep my spiritual journal - this blog - mostly anonymous and separate from my public gallery.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Alex Grey is amazing. I may just email you as I'm curious to see your work.

Jim said...

I am trying to stay out of others spiritual business. Wish you the best, as always.

Sophia said...

Hi Cookie,

I haven't seen all of Grey's work but over the past few years I've seen some here and there, and I was quite captivated by what I did see. I am sure it is Grey that inspired my great appreciation for visionary artists.

Email anytime. I love sharing my work. I like offering tips, too, should anyone decide to take up the style of art for themselves.

Sophia said...

Jim,

I don't think that is necessary.

Perhaps you don't see that all of life is spiritual. If you stay out of others' spiritual business you'd be completely out of their lives. But lately I get the picture that that's what you want anyway. I have no problem with that.

I think someday soon you'll wake-up and realize that the "love" you claim to offer everyone is only valid when you really care about humanity as a whole.

I don't need to tell you that I'll be around when you come out of your present state. If you know me you already know that.