Saturday, August 2, 2008

Keep on the Sunny Side of Life

So much going on! Today is a day of excitement for me. I'm very happy!

I'm getting ready to go outside to swim. Earlier my mother came over for a visit and brought a basket full of delicious, juicy ripe peaches, not like the kind I've been buying in the stores which are sometimes hard as apples and dry.

I was invited to join a group at PomoWorld by a friend I met online a couple months ago. PomoWorld is "The Human Enlightenment Project". If you're interested in joining, you can add me as a friend - http://pomoworld.ning.com/profile/SophiaW I'm not sure how much I plan on using it yet as it's not very familiar to me, but it appears to be kind of like a spiritual MySpace as far as I can tell so far.

Siegfried has led me into a world of karaoke via computer. As singing used to be one of my passions, I plan on getting hooked. When I was looking for God through Christianity during my teenage years, I sang solos in church and had such a good time doing so.

As you may have noticed, Sean from Jakarta led me towards Meher Baba and now I feel like I've found some things I may have been leaning towards for a long time. I read one of his books while on vacation and now Sean has recommended Baba's _BEAMS from Meher Baba On the Spiritual Panorama_, which I will start reading today. In addition to this I'm currently in the middle of listening to an audio book I downloaded called _Sophie's World_ by Jostein Gaarder. I finally got around to getting serious about it. It's such a truly magical book.

Last but not least I am requesting information from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, as I would like to get either a certificate or some type of degree in Transpersonal Psychology with a focus on Spiritual Psychology and Transpersonal Studies. I can't afford to pay for it (we had to save-up for the vacation) so I'm hoping I can qualify for some type of scholarship. We'll see what they say! I was led here by a conversation I had with a young man on a lodge shuttle bus. He is getting ready to go to school for a degree in Transpersonal Psychology.

Beautiful day!

2 comments:

Jim said...

All that sounds really great for you Sophia, amazing how it all comes now so easy to you, and that is good, you really actually earned it with hard work I think.

Maybe some formal study like that Transpersonal school stuff would really be good for you too, get you out of the doldrums of messing around like with wierdos, lol, worth a try.

Beautiful day, great peaches, good swim!

Sophia said...

Yes, interest in life is returning to me again. Lately, even, I tend to get too excited, so I have to calm down.

As you know, lately I've been using wine or other beverages to help me slow down. I don't supppose it's a bad thing because all things are of God, even wine.

I could really use some formal study to get me into using my focus again, and so I can practice self-discipline. The whole idea of studying textbooks, doing homework and taking tests excites me!

There is so much to be done.

At the same time I've been thinking about getting into dancing again.