Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I Should have Asked Him

It's in the past now, and too late for me to make my move. I never properly asked and I know I had complained about difficulties. So is this why there is no more magic?


The teacher can never offer anything unless the recipient comes forward to meet him of his own free-will. But it must be emphasized that a general desire for higher knowledge is not sufficient. This desire will, of course, be felt by many, but nothing can be achieved by it alone so long as the special conditions attached to esoteric training are not accepted. This point should be considered by those who complain that the training is difficult. Failure or unwillingness to fulfill these strict conditions must entail the abandonment of esoteric training, for the time being. It is true, the conditions are strict, yet they are not harsh, since their fulfillment not only should be, but indeed must be a voluntary action.~Knowledge of the Higher Worlds and Its Attainment, by Rudolph Steiner, [1947], Chapter IV THE CONDITIONS OF ESOTERIC TRAINING

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've screwed up so many things before, so why not my esoteric training, were I
hypothetically receiving esoteric training? And what is the polite or formal way
to ask the teacher for his knowledge?


When I failed, the teachings stopped and the magic disappeared.

Of course there are other "teachers" out there that I could ask, but not without the wonderful introduction I had to my previous teacher. He is not a teacher anymore. He is just a man. But that was my fault because I was too lazy to do my assignments. So that level of teacher/student is gone and what's left are friendly hellos and how are yas. How's the weather... How are you? Oh, I'm fine, thank you for asking. It went from talking to Socrates to talking to a friend to talking to a man. I don't know which was better but I really enjoyed Socrates. The levels of our relationship have begun to taper off. Nicely, though, so that I could ease my way into it and it wouldn't be such a shocking blow to find out the magic man you put on a pedestal for much too long was really only a man. Just a man, a normal man in whom I had placed beliefs about that caused my delusions. Yes, I poisoned myself, so it was all my fault. My fault for living in a fairy tale world, my fault for escaping the real world to come to a place that seemed magical, and to a man that seemed he could show me the answers to the universe. But now, I see now, that it is almost certain that such a man does not exist. I still feel love in my heart for this magic man. Yes, he will always be a friend, but he is not the teacher I was looking for. That becomes obvious to me more and more these past months. I noticed that when I stopped being angry by his absenses, and when I no longer hungered for our deeper conversations, it meant I was back down off the cloud I was floating on in some fantasy story. Yes, after all these, I found out that he is just a man. Not a wizard, not a mage, not a teacher. It was just some fairy tale idea I had in my head.

I don't live in the real world. I don't want to be here. I'd rather be back in the fairy tale world. Right now I'm completely back within the everyday physical world doing everyday things having everyday chores and tasks and work, and t.v. and movies....but no magic.

I want the magic back.

15 comments:

Alexander M Zoltai said...

Whew !!

Talk about just layin' it out there...

Flyin' free like a Bhuddist Prayer flag.

~ Alex

Anonymous said...

Hello Sophia,

Perhaps you will find magic elsewhere.

"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you." Jiminy Cricket

Anonymous said...

oh, and...

the external world and such gestures are not real. Only what you ask in your heart has any significance.

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vincent said...

Sophia, congratulations. This is definitely something to celebrate. Yes, he is just a man. So are all teachers. Unless a woman.

Sophia said...

Alex,

I think I was a little dramatic.

I must have thought I was on stage.

Hey, I have to be open. If I kept the doors closed it would start to get a little musty in here.

:)

Sophia said...

Mossy,

Jiminy is a great resource, isn't he!

What he says is easy to do, given we know what our hearts want.

I think Jiminy Cricket already knew about the Law of Attraction. Given its recent popularity, I'd say he was way ahead of his time.

Sophia said...

Chris,

I think enlightenment is a double-edged sword.

I haven't picked up the sword yet because I'm still practicing fencing.

I know, the quest for spiritual enlightenment and I have been doing the tango since January of '05. It's been almost three years. In that time I probably could have learned a lot, if not become enlightened.

I'm making progress, though. In this year, 2007, I've worked through a lot of ghosts from my past. That, I think, was a big step.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else ever taken this long to decide what they want to do?

Sophia said...

Vincent,

Above all else, everyone is human.

Unless all those stories about reptilians on our planet that I've read about on the Internet are true. ;)

goatman said...

Tracey,
I fear that such a man does not exist, as well. I like chris' words.
In the end, we each die alone . . .
(I'm sure somebody has said this in the past, not sure who)

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sophia said...

Goatman,

I think that's what it really boils down to, a fear of being alone. Because, even in a world with almost seven billion people, it's so easy to be alone, and for some it is quite natural. I don't think it is because of one's lack of ability to be liked or loved, but is instead more a factor of how unique a person is.

Yes, even on a crowded street, being bumped into left and right by multitudes of people, or having many friends and family that love us, we can be alone. And I think the struggle involves looking for someone who understands. When the search comes up empty, we can be left in frustration.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Sophia said...

Chris,

Amazing, this war between heart and ego.

Jim said...

Super writing, excellent post, I wish you the best, my best, I think you have made great progress, progress in reaching what you already had, 'he' is just a symbol of it, you are the magic!

Sophia said...

Jim,

That was a very magical thing to say. :)