Monday, October 13, 2008

I Had a Thought Just Now....

After the Enlightened Ones die and are sucked back into the Great Being, thus becoming the Great Being, are all thoughts of everyone on the planet at one moment experienced by this one Great Being? All these thoughts are experienced by the One as if all these thoughts were Its own? Everything I see and you see and they see, are all these seen at once by the Great Being? Is it like being in the heads and minds of everyone at the same time?

I wonder if this is what Awareness is. I wonder if this is Cosmic Consciousness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts are not consciousness.

My guess is that God is aware of whatever bit of love is in each being in the universe and not aware of thoughts at all. On the other hand there may be other beings at intermediate levels who are (just barely) aware of thoughts.

Perhaps each (or some) thought is a symbolic expression of love and in that sense can reach the Divine.

Was not your thought in this post an expression of love.



With That Moon Language
From Hafiz

Admit something:
Everyone you see, you say to them,
“Love me.”

Of course you do not do this out loud, otherwise
someone would call the cops.

Still, though, think about this, this great pull in us to connect.

Why not become the one who lives with a
full moon in each eye that is
always saying,

with that sweet moon language,
what every other eye in
this world is
dying to
hear?

Anonymous said...

Or perhaps thought is not an expression of love but a shadow of it.

Anonymous said...

These words ("I had a Thought Just now") sound very Global Brainishy:

The Social Superorganism and its Global Brain

http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/SUPORGLI.html


donstockbauer **att** hotmail.com

Sophia said...

Moss,

I have always had a hard time separating thoughts from God, since God is (assumingly) everything. I know everyone tells me that they are just superfluous and unnecessary and only hinder one's progress towards enlightenment, but if God is everything and everywhere, why wouldn't thoughts be a part of Him, too?

The Hafiz poem is just beautiful!!

Sophia said...

Hi Don,

I started to type a response to you but it ended up becoming an entire blog post which I have just posted.