Thursday, October 16, 2008

Circle Enclosing the Cross



It really is truly amazing how once I learn about certain symbols I start to see them all over the place. Yesterday I mentioned how I started to frequently see the Fleur de Lis. I also mentioned that I saw windows in a plaza that were in the shape of the circle enclosing the cross. I first (consciously) came across this symbol in the book I'm reading on Kabbalah. The book called it the "cross of elements", and it is the symbol of the sephirah Malkuth. Then, while I was skimming through some Rosicrucian texts I saw it there, too.

"In order to understand the symbology of the Universal Androgyne, it is necessary to first become familiar with the two ancient symbols of Sex. In all the ancient philosophies and religions, we find that the "Cross" (+) is the symbol of the Male; and the "Circle" (O) the symbol of the Female." ~The Secret Doctrine of the Rosicrucians, Part IV, The Universal Androgyne

Today, while volunteering at the animal rescue farm, I saw a pet carrier sitting on its rear end. The underside of the carrier was showing and in the center was a huge circle enclosing a cross. A half hour later I was sitting in a chair on break and saw that the handle of a container was a wheel in which a cross was enclosed.

No comments: