Monday, November 19, 2007

Sophia - She is a Busy Bee!

For the past couple weeks work has been busy, and my daytime work hours were usually the time I did my blogging, i.e. visiting other blogs, posting to my own blog and responding to comments and emails. Now, that is no longer an option to me and it appears we'll be busy for quite some time to come. This leaves me the evening hours when I'm at home and since we've been painting the computer room, taking out the carpet and installing new Pergo flooring, we'll be busy during the evenings, too. In addition to this I've started another very-part-time job doing secret shopping and this has taken-up some of my otherwise disposable time. I've never really mentioned my career on this blog, but for anyone who wants to know, I'm a statistician. My job is weird in that I can go literally months without a single project to work on, and then all of a sudden everything starts flooding through the gates and my desk is all cluttered with piles of paperwork and my to-do list includes making too many phone calls to count. I won't complain about my job, though, because I'm satisfied with the pay and the benefits are nice, too. When I have work to do I'm satisfied and very content and this seems to keep my depression at bay. I've noticed that my episodes usually come during the stints where there is no work to be done. Apparently I like to be occupied most of the time.

Oh, another thing, I used to use my free time at work to listen to audio books and other audio files but now I'm having to concentrate. I can still listen a bit here and there when I'm doing mindless tasks, but when what I'm doing requires my thinking skills, I have to put my listening on hold. Yes, I still have a few audio books that I'm in the middle of. Good thing is, though, I haven't forgotten what the books are about so I can easily start where I've left off and then I can come to this blog and tell you all the goodies I've learned about!

I know I'm behind on comments again, but as soon as I get some free time to relax, I'll be back to socializing just like I love to do. This of course means that I am not ignoring anyone! And in case you want to know, it drives me nuts that I can't participate here as much as I like to. I hope I can catch-up soon. Don't be afraid to say hi, though, or to comment on anything you like. I promise that I will get to it and I absolutely love and enjoy the conversations I get into with you all. Yes, Sophia's ego loves the interaction.

Have a great Thanksgiving week if I don't get back to post before then. The holidays are amongst us and that means lots of crazy shopping episodes to come as well as lots of holiday cards. Oh goodie.

Bye for now.

I'll be back.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Same here! Stupid holidays...
*grumble*

I look forward to your return.
:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sophia!

Just stopping by to wish you a Great Thanksgiving. Hope all is good, and enjoy!!!

Take it easy and be well! :)

V said...

Relax.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gobblingly yours,
~ Christi

Bob said...

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Jim said...

Enjoy yourself Sophia, see ya when you get back or have time, no problem till then, miss you tho, have wonderfully happy thanksgiving and a toast to your life and blog, we love you.j

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe B said...

Isn't it wonderful how life balances out over a long enough period of time.

Enjoy and as always, the best to you