Thursday, November 1, 2007

Chatty Cathy

I've spent a week or so looking at various mobile phone plans. I really (badly!) wanted a phone like a Blackberry that would allow me to not only make calls, but surf the Internet as well. There is something appealing about always being connected to the rest of the world, even when I'm on a camping trip out in the forest at one of the local parks or sitting in a doctor's office. I almost settled on the Apple iPhone plan through AT&T today. Then I was settled on a T-Mobile plan that included a free Blackberry. In the end, though, I think I'm just going to stick to my Virgin Mobile prepaid cell phone. I haven't been using it much because I feel like I need to save my minutes, but now I have saved about $60 worth of minutes and they're just sitting there. I'd like to start talking to friends that I've met online. I'll just have to do without the mobile Internet, and if I need to buy more minutes for my prepaid I can afford to do that. My husband keeps telling me, though, that I can have the iPhone and voice/data plan. It's a hard decision! I just feel like broadening my horizons and meeting some of you on the phone. I'm ready for that. It would be good for me to break out of my shell of social anxiety.

As an interesting side note: We can make free International phone calls through Mobivox. http://www.mobivox.com

Anyway, if I do happen to buy a cell phone, I'll need to get talking so that I can use up all my prepaid minutes. I may just ask on my blog if anyone feels like talking.

I'm just in a chatty mood today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Decisions, decisions. Sounds like you are well grounded and will make the right choice for you.

Zareba said...

Hi! What a refreshing journey through your posts. Thank you.

...Z

V said...

Sophia,
Thanks for the tip. I might try it.
BTW, it's ok to make a link to my blog.

Sophia said...

Mark,

I hope so. My obsessive-compulsive mind gets stuck in a rut every now and then.

Maybe I'll just stick with Skype!

Sophia said...

Zareba,

Thank you so much my lovely friend. :)

Sophia said...

Siegried,

Thanks. It's been done!

Sophia said...

By the way, I think this is probably the most mundane post I've ever made on this blog.

Outside the search for enlightenment, life goes on.