Saturday, August 25, 2007

Synchronicity Lately

Last weekend I went to see my mother. I was wearing a t-shirt that had Mt. Rushmore on it. When I got to Mom's house, she was wearing a t-shirt that had Mt. Rushmore on it.

Not too long ago, I was exploring the website of a spiritual teacher named Tathagata. A week or so later, a young man posted a comment on my old blog, directing me to Tathagata.

A little over a month ago, I was exploring the website of a spiritual teacher named Dave Oshana. As I was reading the web site, someone sent me an email to my old blog's email address to tell me I should visit Dave Oshana's web site. This particular synchronicity was intense for me, because I rarely update my old blog, and I also rarely check my old blog's email address. But that day I had the email account open, and another window was open in which I was exploring Master Oshana's website. I saw that an email had just arrived as I was reading it. Lo and behold someone was directing me to the very website that I was in the middle of reading!

Yesterday I sent an email to my stepmother, telling her about a blog I found that talks about wild parrots in New York. She told me that I'd "never believe it", but she was in the middle of watching a video online about wild parrots in New York when my email arrived on her end.

Today, we were talking about a friend of ours as we were sitting outside on the deck. When we came into the house, the phone rang. It was our friend.

8 comments:

Jim said...

I was laughing as I was reading these, very striking indeed, amazing, you always did have this kind of thing happening off and on.

Very like you.

Sophia said...

Hi Jim,

I know, and I love it!

Keep your eyes open. You never know, there could be a synchronicity waiting to happen right around the corner.

Anonymous said...

Sophia, I think maybe your aligning your vibes again. I know you said you were feeling a bit out of the loop, maybe it has made its way back to you.

We all need a break from it so that we don't burn out. Enjoy it as it comes !!

Be well!!

Sophia said...

Lucid,

I think you may be right! Starting Friday I began to feel like maybe the good vibes were returning. I'm ready for another round of synchronicity storms! This time, though, I won't expect it to last forever. And when they stop, I'll know that in time they will come back again. It looks like it is a cycle. It's something like a sine wave - going up and feeling connected and having experiences, and going down and feeling out of touch for a while. But for every down there is an up. That's one good thing about sine waves. :)

Hope you had a lovely weekend, Lucid, and also that you'll have a splendid week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sophia, as mentioned already it sounds like you are aligning your vibes. Or 'increasing the your conscious awareness'.

I think it's a fascinating subject - and it seems the more consciously aware we become - the more of these sorts of things we experience!

Anonymous said...

This happens to me daily. There are no coincidences! There is purpose in everything! Love how it all works, the more aware you become the more often you see the synchonicity in everything!

Sophia said...

Marcus,

Glad to have you here. By the way, did you used to have a blog by the name of "Blue Shift"? Just curious. I used to know a Marcus who was a fellow blogger of mine.

I'm excited about the prospect of entering into another synchronicity storm. I hope others, whose vibes may possibly be linked to mine, experience something similar, too!

Sophia said...

Hi Mark,

If it happens to you every day, you must be uber aware!

I can't remember if I told you before or not, but in the movie "V for Vendetta," the character V says, "There are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidence."