Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Good Luck

I had something happen to me tonight that I want to call synchronicity, but, maybe I'll negotiate a little and call it good luck. For about a half-hour yesterday I was researching the internet for a book I was thinking about buying. It's called The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, by Oliver Sacks. It was written in 1970. It is a book that contains 20 case studies by a doctor that works with patients who have neurological disorders.

Tonight I was shopping in the mall, and walked into a very small bookstore. On the small cart in the front of the store, where they put their "bargain books", was the book I was going to buy online.

Now, this would not seem like synchronicity to some of you, because, it's a book store, right? And, of course they're going to have books. But, this book was written in 1970, the book store is a very small book store, and it was on the little cart in the front of the store for every one to see.

Whether or not it is really synchronicity doesn't matter. What matters is how I felt, and, it made me feel wonderful. It was like, "Hello Universe. You and I have been running into each other a lot lately." Electricity surged through my body. I think that even the hair stood up on the back of my neck. I was charged, just like I always am when two seemingly unrelated events are connected. Thank you, World.

Oh, and yes, I bought the book. It was only $5.99. Hardback, too.

No comments: