Monday, February 26, 2007

Synchronicities, Coincidences, 11:11, Serendipity

These are some links that I'm posting mostly for my own use. These are sites that I want to read in further detail at a later date. I'm drawn to synchronicity, patterns and 11:11. Although, for the life of me, no matter how hard I try to ignore them, they keep happening. I deny them. I lie and tell people stuff like this doesn't happen to me. Why do I lie? To keep them from thinking that I'm crazy. In fact, I've even labelled people as "schizophrenic" when they pay too much attention to things that the rest of the world would call normal events. I can't ignore them, and to be honest, the more I search the internet for related topics, the more I get confused. It's difficult being a closet case synchro-addict.

As if suffering from synchro-paranoia wasn't bad enough, I also have lately had an overwhelming sense of intelligence. Starting about two weeks ago, I've had intense insights pouring into my brain, as if suddenly I was charged to the maximum with new knowledge. I feel more intelligent than I've ever felt.

I can't keep calling others "schizophrenic". I can't keep denying it or ignoring it. If anything, I'll just have fun with it. In the meantime, I welcome all your stories of synchronicity and any information on sychnronicities that you may have for me. Not that this blog gets hundreds of hits a day. In fact, it's unlikely that I'll get five hits in two weeks. Not too many people know about this blog, and besides, there aren't that many posts here yet, at least, not enough posts to keep people interested. This is like a book, and a book requires character development. To you, I am a stranger. Who's interested in reading about a stranger? Hopefully, as time goes on, and I have posted more, you will be more interested in following along and just possibly, you will interact with me.

http://followthesigns.blogspot.com/
http://www.ropi.net/st/synchronicity_is_not_psychosis.htm
http://members.cox.net/stegokitty/dsotr_pages/the_setup.htm - Dark Side of the Moon syncs with The Wizard of Oz. I'll have to try this before reading the page.
http://synchronicityandsaturn.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

A New Soul said...

Hi there. Thanks for the post and the link. I like your links too. Keep at it... it's amazing how many synchronicities there are once you start to record them.

Sophia said...

Thanks for the comment. Yes, the more I pay attention, the more I notice. It was easy - all I had to do from the very beginning was simply to increase my awareness. That meant I had to stop walking around like a mindless zombie.

S@RZI said...

Hi, puzzled woeman! You are not alone in your amazement about synchronicities and your wonderment in the mysteries of life and the universe. I've had several posts on this subject. You may want to check them out if you're collecting anecdotes on coincidences. Keep on blogging!

Sophia said...

Greetings s@rzi! I'm feeling a little better seeing that some of my posts have drawn in some responses from people who seem to understand. My effort, the effort of blogging my experiences and my feelings, seems to be paying off.

I'm checking out your blog right now, and here are some things that I've already noticed that struck a chord with me: First of all, your header states that your "real passion lies in trying to find meaning in events and persons in his life." And then, I see that one of your favorite books is Sophie's World. A year or so ago I read half of this book. It probably could have changed my life had I finished it! It was already opening my eyes to new ideas, and changing the way I think about things. When I'm finished reading the book I'm currently reading, I've been thinking about picking up Sophie's World and starting over, with the intent to finish it this time around! I used to correspond with a good friend of the author's, and I'd have to say that he was on the right path, looking for positive change.