Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Shhhh......

Tonight I heard music that made me feel like a baby again. I heard in the music a father softly going "shhhhhhh" to comfort me. I am not saying that as a metaphor. I literally heard "shhhhhhh", but it was not the music. It was a foreign sound inspired by the music.

The musician's name is Michael Fitzpatrick, and he plays the cello for the Dalai Lama. I was only five rows from him, very close as I watched him passionately play his instrument and soothe the visitors.

I'll go into more detail about the Tibetan monks tomorrow. It is way beyond my bedtime, now.

http://www.mythicjourneys.org/guest_fitzpatrick.html

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderul experience. Looking forward to hearing more.

Vincent said...

O yes, tell more, do!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm that sounds interesting.... I wish I could experience some of the many other forms of spirituality... Maybe one day I will. If the oportunity comes up I will be sure to jump on it.

For now I look forward to hearing about your lovely time!!!!

Sophia said...

Mark, it was wonderful! I only wish that we had been allowed to take pictures, but of course even though I brought my camera, they said no photography allowed. The venue had their own photographers, and I wish I could get ahold of some of the photographs.

Sophia said...

Hi Vincent,

I'll have to make a new post, hopefully tomorrow. I really hope I do get around to it, and that I won't procrastinate so much that I'll forget to do it. Because I really want to talk about the experience!

Sophia said...

Hi Lucid,

This event may have inspired me to start to become more active in spirituality in my area. Months ago I kept saying I would go to a Unitarian Universalist church, but I never got around to it. There is also a Buddhist monastery in the town where my mom grew up. It's fairly new. I've thought before about visiting it. Monks make me happy. :)