Friday, February 15, 2008

Hypnic Jerk at the Compost

While sleeping in the bed today I experienced another hypnic jerk. I was falling in and out of sleep, fatigued from being ill with a bad flu. In the hypnagogic vision I was standing outside in our backyard, at the compost tumbler. I had my hand on the compost's door handle and was pulling on it with all my might, leaning back so that I could put my weight into it. The handle slipped out of my hand and I went falling backwards. It was at this moment that I woke myself with a hypnic jerk.

2 comments:

Alexander M Zoltai said...

Hehe...

Don't be a hypnic jerk!
Dream consciously.

;-)

~ Alex

Sophia said...

That would make a good bumper sticker. Of course, everyone who were to see it would be stumped as to its meaning! But that's what Google is for!