Saturday, October 6, 2007

Breaking Promises

I don't guess an enlightened person would break a promise. I made a big mistake! I promised I'd answer comments today, but the day turned out to be quite chaotic. I had two doctor's appointments today, a friend's cat died, and I spent a large portion of this evening juggling around with credit card companies, trying to consolidate all my cards to one card, all the while looking for the best APR. It took me about three hours by the time all is said and done, lots of talking to different people, doing calculations, etc. Basically, the time I planned to spend tonight responding to comments was spent on the telephone. So, I'm very sorry I broke a promise!

12 comments:

Jim said...

I for one, would say, fear not Sophia, you are the real gold, do not worry. Thanks for the notice, no rush to you.

Anonymous said...

We can not know much about what an enlightented person would do.

I think that your promise came from your heart. Anxiety comes from some other place.

Twit said...

Alan Watts
did
it
for
me
¦:¬|

Joe B said...

A promise is based upon thought. It is your best guess as to what the "future" will be. What is, is, no apologies needed. What is doesn't care one way or the other.

An enlightened person would...-fill in the blank-. Enlightenment is not an activity, it is a realization, knowing what you really are, not acting in any particular manner. There is currently no instrumentation to measure enlightenment other than your personal inner detector and it is only good for measuring yourself.

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend Sophia!

No sorry's needed!!! Be well!

Anonymous said...

Shame shame shame...how can I live without your replies...I shall try... :)

jonbeme

Sophia said...

Hi Jim,

Thanks. :)

Sophia said...

Hi Mossy,

When it comes to anxiety, it seems I'm a natural.

Sophia said...

Hi Joe,

My ego wasn't apologizing to what is, it was apologizing to all the other egos.

Leggo my ego! :)

I suppose my stereotyping of an enlightened person as being saintly, arises from my past childhood experience of Christianity. There's a lot of remnants there!

Sophia said...

Lucid,

Thank you! I hope you had a nice weekend, too, and that the rest of your week is just as nice!

Here's to summer in October!

Sophia said...

Jon,

One of my favorite hobbies is staying caught-up with comments. :) And emails, too. Love those!

I've always been like this. When I was little, I had pen-pals. This was before the Internet. Going to check the mailbox every morning was such a joy!

Sophia said...

Twit,

When I'm finished exploring the spiritual teachers I've been exploring lately, I'll have to give your Alan Watts a chance, too. I always keep an open mind. :)