Friday, February 26, 2010

The Elements of Being

I am exploring the balance (or lack thereof) of four modes of being and elements within me. The four elements are:

- Earth = Sensation
- Air = Intellect
- Fire = Intuition
- Water = Emotion

The book asked that I draw both an elemental mandala and cross of elements representing these four modes. The strongest and weakest modes are to be on opposite sides of each other.

As much as I hate to admit it, I am often ruled by emotion, so that is strongest. (I am, after all, a "Highly Sensitive Person", or HSP.) In second place is intellect, because I am often in my head thinking about things, reading things, solving things, analyzing things, etc. Then comes sensation, and finally intuition. Even though I am an INFP and supposedly rely on my intuition to guide me, I score only 38% on intuition.

Here are the drawings I made. In the mandala, I have shaded the quarters so that the strongest is darkest and the weakest is lightest. In the cross, the longer arm is strongest and the shorter arm is weakest.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this, I am a lot like that, thinking and analyzing.. If I can ask, where can I find this personality test?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sophia said...

Hi Lunajade,

I didn't take a test - I analyzed myself. There are four qualities -

Sensation
Intellect
Intuition
Emotion

I just measured myself from the strongest to the weakest.

There is another test you may be interested in which gives you your personality type -

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp