Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stars of the Ancients

The other night
In a dream
I looked up to the night's sky.
There was no light pollution
And I celebrated that at last
I could see clearly
All of the night sky.
Instead of the stars
And constellations
Appearing flat
On a darkened sky,
They descended toward me,
Surrounded me,
I, who had my feet
firmly planted
Upon the ground.
They floated around me
As I gazed at them in awe.
I felt such a sense
Of excitement
And thought to myself,
"This is how the Ancients
Once saw the nighttime sky!"

6 comments:

Michelle said...

What a lovely dream! Here is wishing you have another like it tonight.

Kathy Trejo said...

I like it. :)

tao1776 said...

.....

Michelle said...

Are you still dreaming darling?

V said...

Too good to be true. But reality is made up of thoughts. Sometimes it is good news!

V said...

Poetry!