Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stars of the Ancients

The other night
In a dream
I looked up to the night's sky.
There was no light pollution
And I celebrated that at last
I could see clearly
All of the night sky.
Instead of the stars
And constellations
Appearing flat
On a darkened sky,
They descended toward me,
Surrounded me,
I, who had my feet
firmly planted
Upon the ground.
They floated around me
As I gazed at them in awe.
I felt such a sense
Of excitement
And thought to myself,
"This is how the Ancients
Once saw the nighttime sky!"

6 comments:

Michelle said...

What a lovely dream! Here is wishing you have another like it tonight.

Anonymous said...

I like it. :)

tao1776 said...

.....

Michelle said...

Are you still dreaming darling?

Anonymous said...

Too good to be true. But reality is made up of thoughts. Sometimes it is good news!

Anonymous said...

Poetry!