Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Kybalion - Audio Book

I’ve looked everywhere for an audio book version of The Kybalion, and since the search came-up empty, I have decided to record it myself.

I’m not such a great speaker, lots of mispronunciations, errors, swallows and pauses for breath, etc., BUT, here you go:

Click here to download The Kybalion mp3.

UPDATE: August 23, 2009 - It has been brought to my attention that the mp3 file above has somehow been cut short, ending at chapter 8. There are 15 chapters total. So, until I am able to find some time (very soon) to merge all the chapter files into one mp3, each separate chapter can be downloaded here:

http://www.garageband.com/user/sophiaw1111/podcast/main

Please let me know if you have any problems. I hope to get this corrected in the next day or two.

13 comments:

human being said...

this sounds a very great book...
what a selfless soul you are to prepare an audio book version...

your voice is so beautiful... inviting the listener to be more absorbed...

namaste!

Anonymous said...

Hi, there's a good Kybalion recording here:

http://www.dover489.org/?cat=3

It's still unfinished, but what's there is pretty good.

Sophia said...

Hi Human Being,

Am very glad you enjoy it. I hope over time to do readings of more texts such as these that are in the public domain.

I'm waiting for some allergies to clear up before I go on to the next chapter.

Sophia said...

Hi Anonymous,

Yes, I had listened to some of the Dover Masonic Lodge's Kybalion recordings. They are far superior to mine in quality - the man who does the reading speaks well, and there is nice background music.

However, I found only one thing lacking - they are missing the introduction.

Harry said...

Thank you, my dear, for recording the Kybalion. Your kind act has impacted me in wonderful way.

Sophia said...

Harry,

Thanks. I am happy that the recording meant something to you.

silQ said...

give thanks for your work! i appreciate it.

Sophia said...

Hi silQ, thanks for saying so.

I hope you noticed the update - the Kybalion file is incomplete and ends suddenly at chapter 8. I do not know what caused this so I have left another link that will take you to each chapter, through the end at chapter 15.

I need to recreate the complete file; it could be it was too large for the host. So downloading it chapter-by-chapter is best until I can get this accomplished.

Christopher said...

YOu've done a great service reading this all and posting it online. Thank you. I find it fascinating that this book "appears to the student when the student is ready"

Sophia said...

I appreciate that, Christopher, thank you.

seed64_32 said...

Thank you, dear, for recording the Kybalion. Your kind act has impacted me to go on with an open mind to continue searching for The ALL The I am +

Gordon T.
Bda.

Sophia said...

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your comment. It makes me feel good to know that people are enjoying this recording.

By the way - your profile name "seed64_32" is a bit of a synchronicity for me because this year I turn 32 years old and my husband turns 64.

Anonymous said...

http://www.thoughtaudio.com/titlelist/TA0094-Kybalion/index.html